Thursday, 22 June 2017

The Rogue Prince (Sky Full of Stars #1) by Lindsay Buroker




This book only became interesting to me at the 50 something percent mark, which is unusual with any of Buroker's books. But after that it became amazing!

As usual I loved all the characters.
And while it feels like we're reading star wars fanfic, it's good star wars fanfic so that's ok.

I have to admit I don't have much patience for characters like Thor: the brooding, emotionally constipated assassin who is obsessed with his lady love.

I didn't like it with Sicarius and I doubt I'll like it with this series.

I guess I'm getting old but I prefer to read about relationships were both partners are contributing the same amount of emotional labour to the relationship.

Besides, having established how abhorrent mind rape is in previous books, it's incredibly horrifying to have Thor constantly reading Jelena's mind at. all. times., like wtf, this isn't romantic or even cute. It's revolting!

That being said I really like everything else, even if I always read Jelena's name as Jolene (please don't take my man).


Lindsay Buroker's official site

Buy The Rogue Prince

No comments:

Post a Comment

Back To Top